Fortinet Recognized as a Visionary in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure
“LAN Edge connectivity is foundational to digital innovation, but complexity often makes it difficult to support and secure.
- Gartner defines a vendor in the Visionaries Quadrantas one that “demonstrates an ability to increase features in its offering to provide a unique and differentiated approach to the market. A Visionary will have innovated in one or more of the key areas of access layer technologies within the enterprise (for example, security, management or operational efficiency). The ability to apply differentiating functionality across the entire access layer will affect its position.”
Fortinetbelieves this placement, coupled with the cybersecurity provider’s legacy as an innovator, is further reinforcement that Fortinetand its Security-driven Networking strategy delivers a unique and differentiated approach to the infrastructure market.
- Fortinet’s Security-driven Networking approach to wired and wireless networking provides customers with a feature-rich offering that is secure by design and not by add-on, integrates into a larger platform to reduce complexity, and increases features without additional licensing to best address IT’s long-term TCO goals
Fortinet’s vision is based upon the key tenets of:
- Reduced Cost: Fortinet LAN Edge solutions reduce overall TCO and eliminates overlays by bundling features into FortiGate Next-generation Firewalls without the need for licenses. No additional license or cost is required to enable LAN Edge management, and even Network Access Control (NAC) features can be enabled and leveraged without the need for additional costly licenses.
- Simplified Management: Fortinet LAN Edge solutions simplify management by utilizing a single management platform for LAN and network security. IT cycles are minimized by having a consolidated location to manage various aspects of the network.
- Reduced Complexity: Fortinet LAN Edge solutions reduce complexity by centralizing LAN management and security functions into the FortiGate Next-generation Firewall. A single view of complex LAN networks makes for easier management with less worry about unintended disruptions.
Fortinet’s approach enables a unique take on the LAN edge that leverages FortiGate Next-generation Firewall capabilities as a network controller, offering consolidated visibility and centralized management and reporting to ease management and simplify deployment and provisioning.
Fortinet Solves Customers’ Biggest LAN Challenges
- Campus Networks: Fortinet’s LAN Edge solution creates a single consolidated configuration reducing the chance for error, and a common platform for day-to-day management of network and security. Security-driven Networking eliminates the need for additional “bolt on” solutions to integrate management and security functions.
- SD-Branch: Security-driven Networking approach to LAN Edge allows consolidation of the three main components of the branch network (SD-WAN, Firewall/Security, and the network layer) into a single standard platform for all branches. This simplifies remote oversight and administration of distributed sites to a single converged solution per site.
- Teleworker: Fortinet’s Security-driven Networking approach to LAN Edge works for remote wireless Access Points as well. Leveraging a central FortiGate at headquarters reduces configuration and management complexity for IT while allowing remote users to have the same experience as connecting at a corporate office.
“Fortinet’s secure and scalable infrastructure solutions enable us to offer our customers a highly proven and differentiated LAN edge solution that easily enables them to securely and cost-effectively deploy network equipment in a secure framework through Security-driven Networking.”
-- Dave McMorrow, Principal & Co-Founder, NuSpective Solutions
- Access a complimentary copy of the
November 2020Gartner Magic Quadrant for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure.
- Read our blog for more information about Fortinet’s Secure Ethernet Switching and Wireless offerings and this year’s Gartner 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure.
- Learn more about why
Fortinetwas named a 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s secure, simple, and scalable Secure Ethernet Switching and Wireless solutions.
- Find out how the Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across an organization’s entire digital infrastructure.
- Learn more about
FortiGuard Labsthreat intelligence and research and the FortiGuard Security Subscriptions and Services portfolio.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s
Network Security Expert (NSE) Training Institute, including its free cybersecurity training initiative, the NSE Certification Program, Security Academy Program and Veterans Program.
- Read more about how
Fortinetcustomers are securing their organizations.
- Engage in the
FortinetUser Community (Fuse). Share ideas and feedback, learn more about our products and technology, and connect with peers.
Fortineton Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
Copyright © 2020 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
|Media Contact:||Investor Contact:||Analyst Contact:|
1 Gartner, Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure,
Source: Fortinet, Inc.