Fortinet Receives Recommended Rating in Latest NSS Labs NGFW Report, Delivers High SSL Performance Suited for Encrypted Cloud Access
“Third-party testing and validation from organizations like
- High SSL Inspection Performance: Fortinet’s FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall delivered high SSL inspection performance with minimal performance degradation and showed efficacy across all 32 cipher suites and emergent ciphers tested by
NSS Labs. Combined, Fortinetdelivers a highly effective SSL-ready cloud access NGFW, and we stand by our solutions by transparently publishing SSL inspection performance numbers.
- Unparalleled Protection Against Evasive Threats: FortiGate blocked 100 percent of evasions and once again excelled at preventing known and unknown threats with an overall security effectiveness rating of 99.3 percent.
- NGFW Price/Performance (Total Cost of Ownership):
Fortinetexcelled in price/performance for NGFW among all 10 participating vendors. In fact, the FortiGate 500E was rated by NSS at 6,753 Mbps, which is higher than our own rating of 5,200 Mbps.
- Broad Coverage of Enterprise Deployments:
Fortinethas been recommended in eight different NSS Labsgroup tests in the last year ranging from network security, end-point, breach detection and web application firewall.
The Top NGFW Choice for Secure SD-WAN and Cloud
With the adoption of Cloud and SaaS applications, SSL (encrypted) traffic has risen significantly. In fact,
In addition, this year’s NSS Labs NGFW Group Test shows that
Fortinet Delivers a Security Fabric Built Around NSS Labs-Recommended Solutions
- Data Center Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Data Center Security Gateway
- Breach Prevention Systems
- Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System
- Breach Detection Systems
- Next-Generation Firewall
- Web Application Firewall
- Advanced Endpoint Protection
All of Fortinet’s
“Not only was the security effectiveness of the FortiGate strong in the
- Read more about Fortinet’s 2018 NSS Labs NGFW Test Results in the blog.
- Learn more about the FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall and NSS Labs NGFW Report results here.
- Read more about the Fortinet Security Fabric and the Third Generation of Network Security.
- Visit Fortinet’s FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall homepage to learn more about this advanced security solution.
- Sign up for the weekly FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Briefs and the
FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Service.
Fortineton Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
Copyright © 2018 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiASIC, FortiMail, FortiClient, FortiSIEM, FortiSandbox, FortiWiFi, FortiAP, FortiSwitch, FortiWeb, FortiADC, FortiWAN, and FortiCloud. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Source: Fortinet, Inc.