Fortinet to Provide Strategic Cyber Insight to Global Leaders
“I look forward to collaborating with global leaders to deliver a response to the growing global cybersecurity threat. It is naive to think that any one country or organization can take on the attempts by our nation-state adversaries to penetrate government systems, or detect and respond to sophisticated cyberattacks. Strategic collaboration between public and private organizations and across borders is critical as the physical and cyber worlds become more interconnected into our daily lives. Addressing the fundamental elements of cybersecurity are crucial for keeping our nations safe, but also for protecting human life.”
- Iván Duque Márquez, President of
Colombia, will inaugurate Latin America’s first Cyber Defense Conference, which will include participation from government and military leaders representing 21 countries from the Western Hemisphere and the organizations’ global partners.
- The conference will provide a forum to discuss macro-level cyber strategies within the Ministries/Departments of Defense in the region, as well as the technical and operational issues that accompany the implementation of cyber strategies.
- The conference content and discussions will assist in building and strengthening strategic multi-lateral and bi-lateral partnerships and collaboration that promote best practices and result in improved sharing of cyberthreat information.
- Ultimately, the end goal of this activity and the related discussions is to continue to improve collective and national security in the
Keynote: Cybersecurity Strategies: From Concept to Implementation
Fortinet Offers Strategic Insights and Best Practices
- As a part of his discussions with attendees, Phil will share insights on the growing cyber skills gap, the ever-evolving global threat landscape, and expanding attack surface. He will also offer strategic counsel on how to turn national strategy into meaningful implementation, by future proofing a security architecture, addressing cyber and physical convergence, and implementing important cybersecurity fundamentals such as segmentation for layers of defense.
Pedro Paixao, Head of Latin Americaat Fortinet, will participate in a panel focused on “The Role of Industry” as part of the conference agenda. Fortinetexecutives look forward to the dialogue and collaboration with delegates. By collaborating with the IADF and IADB in a thought leadership and visionary role, Fortinetis uniquely positioned to assist the countries of the Americaswith development and implementation of cybersecurity frameworks, strategies and best practices.
- Find out how
Fortinetis collaborating on a global stage with organizations such as the World Economic Forum(WEF), the INTERPOL, and Cyber Threat Alliance(CTA).
- Read more about how
Fortinetis working to address the cyberskills gap.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s education and training initiatives and efforts to close the cyber security skills gap in this blog post and video.
- Read more about our Network Security Expert program and
Network Security Academyprogram.
- Read more about the Fortinet Security Fabric or the Third Generation of Cybersecurity.
Fortineton Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
Copyright © 2019 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, and FortiOS.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
|Media and Analyst Contacts
Latin America and the Caribbean
Source: Fortinet, Inc.