Fortinet Extends Support for VMware NSX-T to Further Advance Security in Software Defined Data Centers and the Cloud
“We look forward to tightening our collaboration with Fabric-Ready Partner VMware to make the cloud on-ramp that mutual customers are undertaking as easy as possible. By combining FortiGate-VM functionality with VMware’s
The need for security and high performance
Today’s announcement addresses this need as Fortinet’s full support of VMware NSX-T allows organizations to reduce the number of point products they use to protect their infrastructure while providing consistent security across various environments. Powered by FortiGate-VM technology, Fortinet’s ability to monitor NSX-T East-West security will provide consistent security across any environment as well as give comprehensive visibility inside the network with single-pane-of-glass management.
Other benefits of Fortinet’s extended support of VMware NSX-T include:
- FortiGate-VM for NSX-T virtual cloud network enables zero trust security across hypervisors and clouds. This allows organizations to mitigate lateral movement of sophisticated threats and vulnerabilities within virtualized data centers and across multiple clouds, providing advanced security throughout all environments
- By leveraging the high speed and unique performance of FortiGate-VM vSPU technology, organizations can scale up to LAN speeds in a virtual form factor. Organizations can also realize the benefits of East-West NGFW traffic inspection and visibility without compromising application performance and infrastructure agility.
- Fortinet’s Fabric Connector automatically updates security policies associated with dynamic objects in NSX-T whenever changes are made to application meta data and annotations. This capability, which also extends to public cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Azure and GCP, relieves organizations from the need to continuously update security policies for every change to the application infrastructure. This eliminates any manual intervention from IT teams, freeing up their time for other business critical duties.
- Simplified management is achieved with Fortinet’s most recent integration enhancements, security can be managed by the NSX-T UI and will automatically be carried through to the FortiGate-VM instances running in the
NSX-T Data Center.
As a Fabric-Ready Partner,
- Read more about Fortinet’s support of VMware NSX-T here.
- Learn more about
FortiGuard Labsand the FortiGuard Security Services portfolio.
- Learn more about the FortiGuard Security Rating Service, which provides security audits and best practices.
- Read more about Fortinet’s Network Security Expert program ,
Network Security Academyprogram, and the FortiVets program.
- Read more about the Fortinet Security Fabric.
Fortineton Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
Copyright © 2019 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiADC, FortiAP, FortiAppMonitor, FortiASIC, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCamera, FortiCASB, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFone, FortiCarrier, FortiHypervisor, FortiInsight, FortiIsolator, FortiMail, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiPlanner, FortiPortal, FortiPresence , FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiSandbox, FortiSIEM, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Source: Fortinet, Inc.