Fortinet Continues Commitment to Close the Cyber Skills Gap Though Its NSE Institute Training and Certification Program
“This unprecedented shortage in the cyber security workforce has resulted in security operations teams who are over worked and understaffed and it continues to benefit our cyber adversaries.
The cyber skills gap
In today’s global cybersecurity threat landscape, education is crucial to the success of organizations. Creating and executing a strategy with a wide scope can be a daunting task, but this is precisely the mandate and strategy of the
Cyber security training & education milestones:
- There are now over 140 academies in more than 50 different countries.
Fortinethas provided nearly 200,000 NSE certifications, building a skilled workforce that will be recognized in the industry as an elite group of security professionals.
- The company recently made public cyber security awareness trainings NSE 1 and 2, whereby these free offerings are now available to the public at large. For example, any Security Operations (SecOps) team seeking to deploy a cyber security awareness training program now has an easy and no cost way to get started.
Fortinetintroduced the NSE 7 Cloud certification, consisting of two training courses, “Public Cloud Security” and “Private Cloud Security,” and are both being offered as part of the training schedule at this year’s Fortinet Accelerate conference, held in Orlandofrom April 8– 11, 2019.
- During the past year, the number of NSE8 certifications awarded has doubled, a certification designation that identifies a candidate’s comprehensive knowledge of network security design, configuration, and troubleshooting for complex networks.
- The Fortinet Fast Track Program, launched at the company’s 2018 Accelerate conference, now has over 8,000 participating partners.
- There has been an average of 300 – 600 student sessions around the world per week, based on recent company data.
Addressing the skills gap at scale
In addition to the established company-led training and education programs, a comprehensive training and education strategy must include strategic partnerships within government, academia and NGOs, such as Fortinet’s strategic relationships with organization such as the
- Learn more about Fortinet’s education and training initiatives and efforts to close the cyber security skills gap in this blog post and video
- Read more about our Network Security Expert program and
Network Security Academyprogram.
- Find out more information about our FortiVets program.
- Read more about the Fortinet Security Fabric or the Third Generation of Cybersecurity.
- Learn more about
FortiGuard Labsand the FortiGuard Security Services portfolio. Sign up for the weekly FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Briefs.
Fortineton Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
Copyright © 2019 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, and FortiOS.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
|Media Contact:||Investor Contact:||Analyst Contact:|
|Stephanie Vanegas||Peter Salkowski||Ron Davis|
|Fortinet, Inc.||Fortinet, Inc.||Fortinet, Inc.|
Source: Fortinet, Inc.