Fortinet Again Named the Fastest Growing SD-WAN Vendor, Continues Innovation to Deliver SD-WAN Anywhere
“With the increase in work from home and adoption of multi-cloud, a truly effective SD-WAN solution must be able to be implemented anywhere. Fortinet’s dedication to SD-WAN innovation has resulted in the industry’s most extensive and secure SD-WAN solution, able to be deployed across the home, branch, campus and multi-cloud. Fortinet’s continued positive trajectory in the SD-WAN market is a testament to our ability to deliver the best application experience and cost savings for our customers.”
Fortinet Delivers True Secure SD-WAN
A true secure SD-WAN solution—such as Fortinet Secure SD-WAN—consolidates advanced routing, integrated next-generation firewall (NGFW), self-healing SD-WAN capabilities, and intuitive orchestration into a single, organically developed solution. It provides infrastructure and operations leaders with robust WAN capabilities that support dynamic path selection of the latest high-performance digital applications while significantly simplifying and automating operations across home, branch, campus and multi-cloud. Fortinet’s ability to deliver SD-WAN anywhere and support diverse use cases has helped the vendor standout and lead in the market.
Market Momentum and Support for Key SD-WAN Use Cases
Additionally, according to Gartner market share data,
- Complex Fortune 1000 Deployments: Fortinet Secure SD-WAN enables customers to achieve business agility with flexible and robust SD-WAN, security and optimization in an integrated solution. This allows global wide area networks with distributed branch offices to avoid and overcome network impairments such as congestion, latency and packet loss to self-heal and improve performance. Fortinet Secure SD-WAN offers application-centric implementation and centralized end-to-end orchestration with automation to simplify operations and reduce time and cost to deploy, provision and manage change. More on Fortinet’s ability to support complex Fortune 1000 deployments from customer
Kevin Morrison, VP ITC Operations at Rollins:
“Fortinet Secure SD-WAN addressed our connectivity, security and management challenges with a comprehensive solution supporting advanced routing, SD-WAN and security in a single appliance. With integrated SD-WAN functionality and security, we are able to simultaneously improve application performance and our overall security posture. The current state of the world has really re-emphasized the positive impact of Fortinet Secure SD-WAN for us. We were quickly able to support remote employees and ensure continued connectivity globally, and we have also still been able to remotely test, implement, and deploy
- Cloud-centric WAN: Fortinet Secure SD-WAN provides accelerated cloud access with capabilities for cloud on-ramp to seamlessly connect overlay tunnels to multi-cloud. With internet primarily used to access cloud workloads, Fortinet’s integrated advanced security provides secure access, automation and visibility into cloud applications. It also enables SD-WAN between clouds and empowers enterprise IT to build a seamless cloud-to-cloud network and security architecture. More on Fortinet’s ability to support Cloud-centric WAN from customer
Dirk van Gelderen, Group Information Security Officer at De Heus Animal Nutrition:
“The ability to on-ramp our branch offices to the cloud through Fortinet Secure SD-WAN enables us to extend last mile optimization to all users. Fortinet Secure SD-WAN helped us improve user experience and effectively connect to our multi-cloud environment.”
- Large Scale, Compact Footprint: Fortinet Secure SD-WAN offers integrated WAN edge, WiFi, LTE and security functions to securely connect end-users to critical applications over direct internet links. This provides reliable application access with intelligent traffic steering, failover and consistent policy enforcement for compliance. With intuitive orchestration and zero touch provisioning, replication of business policies at-scale across distributed branch offices is simplified to reduce deployment cycles at limited staff hours. More on Fortinet’s ability to support large scale, compact footprint deployments from customer Miguel Raúl González, IT Operations Management Director at Grupo Universal:
"The shift from a communications infrastructure to
New FortiGate 80F
Security Compute Rating is a benchmark that compares the performance of Fortinet’s purpose-built ASIC-based next-generation firewall appliances to other NGFW and SD-WAN vendors in that same price range that utilize generic CPUs for networking and security capabilities. The FortiGate 80F powered by Fortinet’s SOC4 security processor, highlights the security processor advantage, enabling the following Security Compute Ratings:
|Specification||FortiGate 80F (SOC4)||Industry
|Cisco Viptela – ISR 1100-8P||Cisco Meraki MX84||VeloCloud
|CloudGenix– ION 2000|
|Threat prevention ||0.90Gbps||0.24Gbps||3x||N/A||0.32Gbps||N/A||.15Gbps||N/A|
|Client to GW Tunnels||2500||100||25x||N/A||100||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Connections per second||45,000||3,650||12x||N/A||N/A||4800||2500||N/A|
|SSL VPN ||0.95Gbps||-||-||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Find out how the Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across an organization’s entire digital infrastructure.
- Learn more about
FortiGuard Labsthreat research and the FortiGuard Security Subscriptions and Services portfolio.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s free cybersecurity training initiative or about the
FortinetNetwork Security Expert program, Network Security Academyprogram, and FortiVet program.
- Engage in our
Fortinetuser community (Fuse). Share ideas and feedback, learn more about our products and technology, or connect with peers.
Fortineton Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
1 Gartner, Market Share: Enterprise Network Equipment by Market Segment, Worldwide, 1Q20, Christian Canales, Naresh Singh, Joe Skorupa, Nat Smith,
Copyright © 2020 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
|Media Contact:||Investor Contact:||Analyst Contact:|
Source: Fortinet, Inc.