Fortinet Acquires Network Monitoring and Remediation Innovator Panopta
Ken Xie, Founder, Chairman of the Board, and CEO
“Given the complex and distributed nature of many IT environments, organizations need a high performance, secure network to successfully achieve their digital business initiatives. With the convergence of security and networking through a Security-driven Network approach organizations can get the connectivity and performance that is crucial to protect today’s hyper-connected businesses. Fortinet’s acquisition of Panopta complements our best-in-class security offerings with a SaaS platform that provides further network visibility and agile remediation for hybrid environments, including edge and cloud networks, to achieve even greater security and business efficiency.”
Customers are accelerating their digital innovation initiatives and user experience determines the success of an application. Making sure infrastructure has 100% uptime is critical. Panopta’s cloud-based solution delivers a complete picture of every service, network device, and application in any deployment, whether it is containers, cloud, on-prem, or hybrid. Fortinet’s Security Fabric, combined with Panopta’s scalable, network monitoring and diagnostics platform, enables
In addition to further improving customers’ hybrid network infrastructure security and performance, the combined solution is expected to enhance real-time monitoring and effectiveness of the infrastructure that powers Fortinet’s security services, including cloud-based. For instance, SASE service, email, security analytics, and web application firewalls will benefit from the continuous monitoring and diagnostics provided by Panopta’s platform. Integration between Panopta’s solution and Fortinet’s FortiGate Next-generation Firewall and Secure SD-WAN solution will further enhance SD-WAN connectivity and performance. Furthermore, integration of Panopta’s automated incident management with our SOAR platform can deliver a single platform view for IT teams to diagnose and resolve real-time network health incidents proactively.
Panopta’s platform is built to be partner friendly, empowering MSSPs, and value-add partners to easily integrate the multi-tenant solution into their own offering and quickly add value to their end customers. The Panopta solution’s role-based access control delivers a granular governance layer between customers, and also within the
In the current remote workforce environment, the availability, performance, security, and quality of an application and its components all impact the end-user experience. Panopta’s solution analyzes both network health metrics and application performance to identify potential problem areas that may impact user access, and enables rapid, automated remediation (also called Digital Experience Monitoring or DEM).
With the Panopta acquisition,
- Unified Monitoring and automated Incident Management that reduces response and resolution times for NOC teams and, in turn, helps exceed SLAs.
- Over 50 global points of presence (PoPS) with low-cost probes to simulate application performance and latency that may impact end user experience (also known as synthetic transaction monitoring).
- Cloud native monitoring for Kubernetes and PaaS workloads in AWS and Azure.
- Fully configurable alerting workflows with out-of-the-box integrations for third-party enterprise and modern communication tools.
- Another first-class partner-friendly service offering that remains true to Fortinet’s ongoing commitment to its valued partners.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- Learn more about how this acquisition strengthens Fortinet’s security portfolio and delivers the most comprehensive Security-driven Networking platform on the market. Additional insights into the acquisition can be found in this blog.
- Find out how the Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across an organization’s entire digital infrastructure.
- Learn more about
FortiGuard Labsthreat intelligence and research and the FortiGuard Security Subscriptions and Services portfolio.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s
Network Security Expert (NSE) Training Institute, including its free cybersecurity training initiative, the NSE Certification Program, Security Academy Program and Veterans Program.
- Read more about how
Fortinetcustomers are securing their organizations.
- Engage in the
Fortinet User Community(Fuse). Share ideas and feedback, learn more about our products and technology, and connect with peers.
Fortineton Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Copyright © 2020 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
|Media Contact:||Investor Contact:||Analyst Contact:|
Source: Fortinet, Inc.