Fortinet Acquires Cloud-Based Threat Analytics Company ZoneFox
Adds Machine Learning-Based Threat Detection and Response Capabilities to Protect Enterprises From Insider Threats
“Enterprise organizations are experiencing a dramatic increase in the number of endpoints and users accessing data and cloud resources, which is also increasing the need to defend against insider threats. In fact, 30 percent of breaches involved insiders acting negligently or maliciously according to the 2018 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report. By combining ZoneFox’s cloud-based threat-hunting technology with Fortinet’s existing endpoint and SIEM security offerings, we are well positioned to provide our customers with an integrated approach to defend against insider threats, eliminate network blind spots and protect today's expanding attack surface with automation and machine learning.”
- Deeper visibility into endpoints and associated data flow and user behavior, both on and off the network
- Machine learning capabilities able to distill billions of events per day into high-quality threat leads to uncover blind spots and alert users of suspicious activities
- A unique cloud-based architecture that captures essential data around five core factors - user, device, resource, process, and behavior - to analyze and configure policies easily
- Full forensics timeline recording of information, combined with a simple search interface that helps analysts quickly determine the actions needed to boost an enterprise’s security posture
- A zero-configuration agent that is easy and fast to deploy; the solution can scale up to support over 10,000 agents without performance loss
- Out-of-the-box support for GDPR, ISO 27001, HIPAA and PCI DSS, with “ready-to-go” policies
The integration of ZoneFox’s award-winning machine learning-based threat-hunting technology will complement FortiClient endpoint security to provide endpoint detection and response (EDR) capabilities and will extend FortiSIEM with additional user entity behavior analytics (UEBA) features, both on-premises and in the cloud.
“We’re pleased to join the
- Read our blog to learn more about the announcement.
- Read more about the Fortinet Security Fabric or the Third Generation of Network Security.
- Sign up for the weekly FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Briefs or the
FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Service.
Fortineton Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTubeand Instagram.
ZoneFox is a world-class enterprise security platform that effectively combats the growing issues of insider threats by reducing the risk of data theft, leakage and misuse to organisations across the globe. Through sophisticated UEBA and machine learning technology, ZoneFox provides rapid, actionable insights around user behaviour and data flow. This insight comes from both on and off the corporate network, without impacting endpoints and user privacy. Significantly strengthening security posture, ZoneFox enables organisations to see where business-critical data is going, who is accessing it and, most importantly, who is doing things with it that they shouldn’t be – either accidentally or maliciously. Headquartered in
Copyright © 2018 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiASIC, FortiMail, FortiClient, FortiSIEM, FortiSandbox, FortiWiFi, FortiAP, FortiSwitch, FortiWeb, FortiADC, FortiWAN, and FortiCloud. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as the benefits of the acquisition of ZoneFox, the integration plans of the ZoneFox products and services, plans regarding new products and services, and others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays and changes in product plans, execution risks, integration risks and other risks associated with acquisitions in general, and other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Source: Fortinet, Inc.