SUNNYVALE, Calif., April 11, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
John Maddison, senior vice president of products and solutions, Fortinet
"Companies are building out flexible and scalable infrastructure with the use of private and public clouds. As such, maintaining a strong and consistent security posture is essential. Fortinet is enhancing its security capabilities across private, infrastructure and application (SaaS) clouds through its Security Fabric. This ranges from increased scalability, new public cloud features and SaaS visibility via a new CASB offering, delivering optimal security performance at cloud-scale."
Fortinet® (NASDAQ:FTNT), the global leader in high-performance cybersecurity solutions, today announced that it has extended the performance, automation, visibilty and management of the Fortinet Security Fabric into all types of cloud environments, spanning private and public Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) clouds to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications.
- Fortinet delivers unmatched cloud security scale, performance and value for private and public clouds with expanded virtualized FortiGate capacities.
- Enabling enterprises to pay for cloud security as needed, Fortinet solutions are now available on-demand in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
- Optimizing automation of public cloud deployments, FortiGate delivers enhanced auto-scaling and orchestration capabilities for AWS workloads, both on-demand and bring-your-own-license (BYOL).
- New Fortinet VM On-Demand pay-as-you-go
licensing program for cloud providers and MSSPs delivers flexible pricing and automation options for end customers.
- FortiCASB is a new cloud access security broker service for on and off-network visibility and control of Office 365 and other SaaS applications.
Reducing the Attack Surface from IoT to the Cloud through Visibility and Control
According to a recent survey by ESG Research, 62% of cybersecurity
professionals say it is difficult to get the same level of visibility into cloud-based workloads as they have on their physical networks, while 56% state that their organization's current network security operations and processes lacks the right level of automation and orchestration needed for the cloud. In order to achieve the scale, elasticity, and efficiency benefits of the cloud, the data and security elements across all environments must be integrated, visible and able to share intelligence to ensure automated protection.
Fortinet has extended core capabilities of its Security Fabric architecture to enable businesses to experience the same level of cybersecurity and threat intelligence in cloud environments as they do on their physical networks. Part of the FortiOS 5.6 software release, the latest enhancements deliver
elastic, end-to-end cloud security for enterprises and service providers:
- Unmatched Security Performance for Private and Public Clouds: Fortinet's virtualized FortiGate has been significantly enhanced to deliver cloud-scale performance for private and public clouds. The virtual machines (VM) now deliver up to 3X faster per-core throughput than previously benchmarked, with increased capacity options of 16, 32, or more CPU cores in a single VM. The FortiGate virtual appliance also provides the world's fastest VM performance at up to 132 Gbps on six cores, when accelerated with Fortinet Security Processing Units (SPU). New value-priced offerings also enable 20-30% savings while still delivering the same improved VM performance.
- Public Cloud Security Automation through On-Demand and Autoscale: As more businesses
offload IT infrastructure to the cloud, on-demand consumption models help shift CapEx to OpEx, enabling more strategic reinvestments back into the business and better control of cloud infrastructure. Fortinet Security Fabric virtual solutions deliver complete content and network protection and are now on-demand through Azure Marketplace. Additionally, Fortinet solutions with enhanced auto-scaling and orchestration capabilities are available for both AWS on-demand and BYOL, further enabling elastic workloads and automated security that scales up or down as required.
- VM On-Demand Delivers Pay-as-you-Go Metering for Cloud Providers: Fortinet's new VM On-Demand provides a turnkey VM licensing and provisioning platform for cloud providers and MSSPs to deliver on-demand pricing and
automation to end customers, similar to the pricing model of major public cloud providers. The platform supports pay-as-you-go with hourly or volume-based metering options, as well as NFV orchestration compatibility for MSSPs. Coupled with FortiHypervisor, VM On-Demand offers cloud providers the widest choice of physical, virtual, and hybrid customer-premise equipment (CPE) form factors for managed security and SD-WAN services.
- New Cloud Application Security with FortiCASB: Fortinet introduces its new API-based FortiCASB service enabling IT teams to maintain security visibility for both on and off-network user access to some of the most widely used SaaS applications, including Office 365. FortiCASB protects data stored on SaaS from cloud-borne threats and delivers compliance and audit tools to help
gain better control of SaaS applications. FortiCASB will be available by the end of Q2 2017.
"Cloud services are being consumed much faster than premise-based infrastructure or applications, but how to handle cloud security still keeps CIOs up at night. Like any IT resource, cloud services must be managed and secured using policy, monitoring applications and integrated security tools. Fortinet's latest cloud security offerings through its Security Fabric provide the visibility, automation and control that CIOs need to help ensure that their data is protected, from their data centers out to their cloud environments."
- Zeus Kerravala, founder and principal analyst at ZK Research
Fortinet (NASDAQ:FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud, or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 300,000 customers trust Fortinet to
protect their businesses. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2017 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and unregistered trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiManager, FortiMail, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiCare, FortiAnalyzer, FortiReporter, FortiOS, FortiASIC, FortiWiFi, FortiSwitch, FortiVoIP, FortiBIOS, FortiLog, FortiResponse, FortiCarrier, FortiScan, FortiAP, FortiDB, FortiVoice and FortiWeb. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding
anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the
uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
408-235-7700 x 81612
Source: Fortinet, Inc.
News Provided by Acquire Media