Fortinet Recommended in NSS Labs Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) Test
"Today's newly discovered vulnerabilities are being exploited at machine speeds that are outpacing the capability of IT teams to patch. This is increasing the urgency for many enterprises to integrate effective IPS capabilities with their overall security architecture. The latest
- NSS Labs' NGIPS report is the industry's most comprehensive test of security effectiveness for Intrusion Prevention Systems offered today and helps security customers select the best solutions based on real-world performance.
- The FortiGate 600D IPS achieved a security effectiveness score of 99.7%, blocking 100% of live attacks used in active threat campaigns and stopping 99.45% of attacks from NSS Labs' entire exploit library.
- The FortiGate 600D was one of only four vendors capable of thwarting 100% of the evasion techniques used in
Intrusion Prevention is Critical but Not All Systems Are Equal
Recent attacks like WannaCry and Petya have highlighted how quickly unpatched vulnerabilities can be exploited on a global scale. The ever-increasing number of operating systems, applications and new devices running on networks challenges even the most diligent IT teams trying to keep up with the latest updates. IPS solutions can provide protection from these newly disclosed vulnerabilities and advanced evasion techniques, providing enterprises with the critical time needed to test and push new patches to their various systems, but not all solutions are created equal.
This is why
Dedicated NGIPS Protection with Superior Security Fabric
As an extension of the Fortinet Security Fabric, FortiGate IPS meets all the requirements of a standalone next-generation solution by combining a high-speed, effective IPS engine with evasion techniques, context and reputation awareness, extensive application and user control capabilities, advanced threat detection, and a performance-optimized platform.
FortiGate IPS functionality leverages the Fortinet Security Fabric and FortiOS to deliver real-time updates that continuously defend against the latest threats and zero-day attacks emerging across the threat landscape. Powered by purpose-built hardware and Fortinet Security Processing Units (SPUs), FortiGate IPS provides leading in-line protection with performance that won't slow down enterprise networks.
"NSS Labs is focused on empowering enterprises to make informed decisions based on independent real-world testing results. We applaud Fortinet's commitment to third-party testing. Fortinet's Recommended rating in our 2017 NGIPS Group Test makes them a great option for any business looking to strengthen their security architecture."
- Please visit the Fortinet Intrusion Prevention System Homepage to learn more about FortiGate IPS.
- Download the NSS Labs Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) Individual Test Report and Security Value Map here.
Fortineton Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Join the conversation on the
- When It Comes to Intrusion Prevention, FortiGate IPS Stands Alone in the IPS Market
Copyright © 2017 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and
™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and unregistered trademarks of
|Media Contact:||Investor Contact:||Analyst Contact:|
|415-572-0216||408-235-7700 x 81612||415-806-9892|
News Provided by Acquire Media