Fortinet Recommended in NSS Labs Data Center Security Gateway Test
"The transition to the cloud and increasing use of cloud-based applications are driving core network speeds above 100 gigabits per second. Enterprises are adapting to these changes with more efficient, high-performance data center architectures and consolidated security solutions such as firewalls and intrusion prevention that can handle the increased traffic. The new NSS Labs Data Center Security Gateways group test demonstrates that
- The FortiGate 7060E and 3000D NGFWs both delivered the industry's leading combination of Security Effectiveness and Value per protected Megabit Per Second (Mbps) in the NSS Labs Security Value Map (SVM).
- The FortiGate 7060E demonstrated faster IPS throughput than the performance guaranteed in its data sheet.
- NSS Labs' new Data Center Security Gateway report is the industry's most comprehensive test of security effectiveness and network performance for data center security appliances offered today and helps customers select the best solutions based on real-world results.
Leading Security at Data Center Scale
The digital transformation is paving the way for 100 gigabit network architectures that require security solutions able to keep up with increasing volume of traffic and secure a mix of different traffic types such as IPv4 and IPv6. The persistent nature of attacks also means that today's data centers require advanced threat prevention capabilities like intrusion prevention (IPS) that can be applied at line speeds.
Fortinet's FortiGate NGFWs are designed to deliver the high throughput and security effectiveness required in today's large scale data centers. The FortiGates utilize
At the high end of the spectrum, the FortiGate 7060E NGFW is a powerful combination of advanced intrusion prevention (IPS), granular application control, and broad threat protection at multi-gigabit speeds.
Block Rate: 97.9%
- Evasions Blocked: 100%
- IPS Protected Throughput: IPv4 131,486 Mbps, IPv6 114,416 Mbps
Fortinet's FortiGate 3000D NGFW is engineered to deliver the highest firewall performance in a compact appliance form-factor, with the flexibility to be deployed at the Internet or cloud edge, in the data center core or internal segments.
Block Rate: 98%
- Evasions Blocked: 100%
- IPS Protected Throughput: IPv4 30,987 Mbps, IPv6 30,046 Mbps
Fortinet Delivers an NSS Recommended Security Fabric
- Data Center Security Gateway: FortiGate 7060E and FortiGate 3000D
- Breach Prevention Systems: FortiSandbox Cloud, FortiGate 600D, FortiMail Virtual Appliance, and FortiClient
- Next-generation Intrusion Prevention System: FortiGate 600D
- Breach Detection Systems: FortiSandbox 2000E and FortiClient
- Next-Generation Firewall: FortiGate 3200D and FortiGate 600D
- Web Application Firewall: FortiWeb 3000E
- Advanced Endpoint Protection: FortiClient
"NSS Labs is focused on empowering enterprises to make informed decisions based on independent real-world testing results. We applaud Fortinet's commitment to third-party testing. Fortinet's Recommended rating in our 2017 DCSG Group Test makes them a great option for any business looking to strengthen their data center security architecture."
- Please visit Fortinet's FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall Homepage to learn more about the FortiGate 7060E and FortiGate 3000D Next-Generation Firewalls.
- Download the NSS Labs Data Center Security Gateway Individual Test Report and Security Value Map here.
Fortineton Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Join the conversation on the
Copyright © 2017 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and unregistered trademarks of
|Media Contact:||Investor Contact:||Analyst Contact:|
|415-572-0216||408-235-7700 x 81612||415-806-9892|
News Provided by Acquire Media