Fortinet Now Part of IBM Security's New X-Force Threat Management Services
Extends Collaboration with Integrated and Automated Security Operations
"Fortinet and IBM have a long-standing relationship, and today's announcement marks another significant milestone towards protecting our mutual customers. The Fortinet Security Fabric provides broad visibility across the digital attack surface, integrated detection of advanced threats, and automated response required to secure today's digital businesses. And because many IBM X-Force Threat Management ecosystem members are already
X-Force Threat Management Services was developed around the key tenets of the
National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Frameworkcreating an integrated and programmatic approach across the entire threat management lifecycle.
- IBM Security has been a Fortinet Fabric-Ready partner since 2017. This latest partnership combines Fortinet's comprehensive security protections with IBM's world-class security expertise to provide enhanced value to customers through the delivery of advanced protection and support against today's sophisticated cyberthreats, across on-premise and multi-cloud environments.
- Leveraging the Fortinet Security Fabric provides mutual customers with the broad visibility, integrated threat intelligence, and automated response required for today's digital businesses. In addition, the Security Fabric's integrated threat intelligence services assist businesses with determining where to best prioritize resources based on threats seen across the entirety of an organization.
- Because many of the IBM X-Force Threat Management Services partners are also members of Fortinet's Fabric-Ready technology ecosystem, customers are able to deploy a fully integrated solution that delivers unmatched expertise, real-time intelligence, and powerful security tools and services.
Enabling Security Transformation for Digital Business Today
The demands of the digital economy affect every aspect of business. Organizations retooling their networks to compete in this evolving marketplace must undergo a simultaneous security transformation that can protect them from the cybersecurity threats emerging daily designed to target the expanding attack surface.
Any effective security transformation strategy requires collaborative system integration between traditionally isolated security tools. This includes the automated sharing of real-time threat intelligence, the centralized orchestration of security policies, consistent and coordinated policy enforcement, and intelligent data and device segmentation across physical and virtual environments for deep visibility into the traffic moving laterally across the network, including across multi-cloud environments.
Such an integrated strategy allows organizations to dynamically correlate threat information and automatically coordinate a real-time response to threats found anywhere along the extended attack surface. Combined with IBM's vulnerability assessments, security information and event management (SIEM) platform management, behavioural analytics, and hands-on IBM X-Force incident and response
- Read our blog for more information about today's announcement.
- Access our latest Quarterly Threat Landscape Report.
- Sign up for our weekly FortiGuard intel briefs or for our FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Service.
- Read more about the Fortinet Security Fabric or the Third Generation of Network Security. Watch this video about the Fortinet Security Fabric.
Fortineton Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Copyright © 2018 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of
News Provided by Acquire Media