Fortinet is the Leader in Independent Testing Comparison of Secure Email Gateway Solutions for the Eighth Consecutive Test
"As the primarily method hackers use to infect enterprise networks with malware, email continues to be a critical security concern. The effectiveness of secure email gateway solutions is even more critical today as high-profile ransomware outbreaks continue to make headlines and impact businesses globally. As this latest round of testing continues to show, FortiMail solutions integrated within the Fortinet Security Fabric consistently deliver world-class enterprise email protection without impacting legitimate business communication."
- Fortinet's FortiMail secure email gateway caught 99.997% of all spam and blocked 100% of the 1,958 malware samples hidden within the emails with no false positives.
- The VBSpam test was conducted over 19 days and consisted of 218,231 emails. Of these, 209,468 were spam with the remainder composed of legitimate emails and newsletters.
- Email continues to be one of the primary sources for introducing malware into a network environment. Email security appliances need to provide bidirectional inspection filtering without blocking access to legitimate email communications.
The First Line of Defense Against Email-Based Attacks
Email remains the number one delivery method for malware and Fortinet's Threat Landscape report shows that most ransomware infection attempts are perpetrated through this vector. Fortinet's Secure Email Gateway, FortiMail, is integrated with the Fortinet Security Fabric which enables the sharing of both global and local threat intelligence between FortiMail and the rest of Fortinet's Advanced Threat Protection framework including FortiSandbox. This unique approach can stop both existing and previously unseen threats the very first time they reach an organization or employee, preventing the loss of sensitive and confidential information.
"Fortinet has a consistent track record of delivering excellent results in Virus Bulletin testing, so it comes as little surprise to see their performance in our latest VBSpam comparative review. Fortinet's dedication to transparency and validation contributes to Virus Bulletin's mission to increase knowledge in the security community to help combat the constantly changing global threat landscape."
- You can view the full Virus Bulletin VBSpam Comparative Review here.
- Please visit the FortiMail homepage for more details about Fortinet's Secure Email Gateway solutions.
Fortineton Twitter and LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Join the conversation on the
Copyright © 2017 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and unregistered trademarks of
Dan Mellinger Kelly Blough Fortinet, Inc.415-572-0216 firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Contact: Kelly Blough Ron Davis Fortinet, Inc.408-235-7700 x 81612 email@example.com Analyst Contact: Fortinet, Inc.415-806-9892 firstname.lastname@example.org
News Provided by Acquire Media