Fortinet Extends Security Fabric Automation, Visibility and Control to Cloud Environments
"Companies are building out flexible and scalable infrastructure with the use of private and public clouds. As such, maintaining a strong and consistent security posture is essential.
Fortinetdelivers unmatched cloud security scale, performance and value for private and public clouds with expanded virtualized FortiGate capacities.
- Enabling enterprises to pay for cloud security as needed,
Fortinetsolutions are now available on-demand in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
- Optimizing automation of public cloud deployments, FortiGate delivers enhanced auto-scaling and orchestration capabilities for AWS workloads, both on-demand and bring-your-own-license (BYOL).
- New Fortinet VM On-Demand pay-as-you-go licensing program for cloud providers and MSSPs delivers flexible pricing and automation options for end customers.
- FortiCASB is a new cloud access security broker service for on and off-network visibility and control of Office 365 and other SaaS applications.
Reducing the Attack Surface from IoT to the Cloud through Visibility and Control
According to a recent survey by
- Unmatched Security Performance for Private and Public Clouds: Fortinet's virtualized FortiGate has been significantly enhanced to deliver cloud-scale performance for private and public clouds. The virtual machines (VM) now deliver up to 3X faster per-core throughput than previously benchmarked, with increased capacity options of 16, 32, or more CPU cores in a single VM. The FortiGate virtual appliance also provides the world's fastest VM performance at up to 132 Gbps on six cores, when accelerated with Fortinet Security Processing Units (SPU). New value-priced offerings also enable 20-30% savings while still delivering the same improved VM performance.
- Public Cloud Security Automation through On-Demand and Autoscale: As more businesses
offload IT infrastructure to the cloud, on-demand consumption models help shift CapEx to OpEx, enabling more strategic reinvestments back into the business and better control of cloud infrastructure. Fortinet Security Fabric virtual solutions deliver complete content and network protection and are now on-demand through
Azure Marketplace. Additionally, Fortinetsolutions with enhanced auto-scaling and orchestration capabilities are available for both AWS on-demand and BYOL, further enabling elastic workloads and automated security that scales up or down as required.
- VM On-Demand Delivers Pay-as-you-Go Metering for Cloud Providers: Fortinet's new VM On-Demand provides a turnkey VM licensing and provisioning platform for cloud providers and MSSPs to deliver on-demand pricing and
automation to end customers, similar to the pricing model of major public cloud providers. The platform supports pay-as-you-go with hourly or volume-based metering options, as well as NFV orchestration compatibility for MSSPs. Coupled with FortiHypervisor, VM On-Demand offers cloud providers the widest choice of physical, virtual, and hybrid customer-premise equipment (CPE) form factors for managed security and SD-WAN services.
- New Cloud Application Security with FortiCASB:
Fortinetintroduces its new API-based FortiCASB service enabling IT teams to maintain security visibility for both on and off-network user access to some of the most widely used SaaS applications, including Office 365. FortiCASB protects data stored on SaaS from cloud-borne threats and delivers compliance and audit tools to help gain better control of SaaS applications. FortiCASB will be available by the end of Q2 2017.
"Cloud services are being consumed much faster than premise-based infrastructure or applications, but how to handle cloud security still keeps CIOs up at night. Like any IT resource, cloud services must be managed and secured using policy, monitoring applications and integrated security tools. Fortinet's latest cloud security offerings through its Security Fabric provide the visibility, automation and control that CIOs need to help ensure that their data is protected, from their data centers out to their cloud environments."
- Blog: Fortinet Extends the Security Fabric into the Cloud by
- Learn more about the Fortinet Security Fabric and how it secures the cloud.
Fortineton Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Copyright © 2017 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and unregistered trademarks of
Darlene Gannon Fortinet, Inc.408-235-7700 firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Contact: Kelly Blough Fortinet, Inc.408-235-7700 x 81612 email@example.com Analyst Contact: Ron Davis Fortinet, Inc.415-806-9892 firstname.lastname@example.org
News Provided by Acquire Media